Experience the magic of Orlando vacation home rentals
Skip the expensive resort this year. Instead, book a vacation rental in Orlando near the theme parks for a fraction of the cost on FloridaRentals.com. Our Orlando vacation rentals near Disney are also an easy way to escape the hustle and bustle of staying at a theme park, where other travelers are too close for comfort. Your family can spread out in the space of a large home, while also saving even more money by cooking meals for yourselves in the rental’s kitchen. Whether you’re looking for a kid-friendly home with an arcade, or something more secluded and romantic, you can find it on our site.
Orlando, Florida travel advice
Every year 50 million people head to Orlando to experience thrilling rides and flawless weather. You can ditch the umbrella. You’re mostly guaranteed sunny, clear skies with temperatures hovering around 80 degrees daily. Families flock here during school vacation weeks and throughout the summer months.
Information about Orlando theme parks
Orlando’s earned its reputation as the happiest place on Earth. The Magic Kingdom, plus new and improving theme parks like The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Universal Studios, make the area a must-visit for families. Here’s a brief primer on what to expect when visiting these parks:
- Walt Disney World - This world-famous resort consists of four theme parks (Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, MGM Studios, Animal Kingdom), three water parks, more than 20 hotels, eight golf courses and a myriad of attractions.
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogwarts comes alive at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, the most popular theme park in recent years. You’ll feel a part of the story (and magic) when you punch your ticket here.
- Universal’s Islands of Adventure - Step into your favorite movies in seven distinct islands, including running from dinosaurs at Jurassic Park and meeting your favorite characters at Marvel Superhero Island. (PS - we have dozens of vacation rentals near Universal Studios, too!)
- SeaWorld - This Orlando aquarium and park has rides, animal exhibits, and interactive shows. When you schedule a day at SeaWorld be prepared to get wet!
- Discovery Cove - Swim with the dolphins and float along the lazy river at Discovery Cove. Stay in a cabana with full waiter service to feel like a true VIP.
Other theme parks include Wet ’n Wild Orlando and Gatorland. A trip to one (or many!) of these parks on your next Orlando vacation will be a memory to last a lifetime.
Top activities and attractions in Orlando
Beyond the theme parks, Orlando is a hot bed of fun for children and adults alike.
Jump in at the area’s many water parks to cool off on those hot Florida days. Places like Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, Aquatica feature dozens of twisty, gravity-defying slides and plenty of splash zones for the smaller kids.
Orlando is also just an hour’s drive away from the Kennedy Space Center. Other great attractions include the Harry P. Leu Gardens
and the Orlando Science Center - both of which offer a welcome respite from the crowded parks. Take your children on a self-guided tour to view more than 600 plant species at the University of Central Florida Arboretum
If you’re a golfer, you’ll be in heaven here. With over 170 courses in the area ranging in difficulty from novice to expert, there's ample opportunity to shoot a relaxing round under the Florida sun.
Annual events in Orlando
There’s no wrong time to visit Central Florida, but timing your vacation with these fun annual events adds an extra element to your time here. Don’t miss:
- Epcot Food and Wine Festival: More than two dozen international marketplaces, each offering moderately priced small food and drinks, surround the World Showcase Lagoon. Attend daily events such as wine seminars, cooking demonstrations and free concerts.
- Halloween Horror Nights: Experience a frightening night at Universal Studios from September through Halloween. Themed haunted houses and spooky thrill rides keep visitors on their toes and screaming with delight.
- Florida Film Festival: The official focus of the annual Florida Film Festival is on three things – films, food and fun. Every year the Florida Film Festival premieres the best in current independent and foreign cinema.
The best shopping in Orlando
You can’t go wrong with a quick souvenir from a theme park gift shop (Goofy novelty hat, anyone?) but there is more shopping in Central Florida than just what you’ll find underneath the roller coasters.
Spend an afternoon strolling along the Orlando Premium Outlets where shoppers will find a balance of stores - from high end boutiques to outlets offering their favorite everyday brands. For something more creative, the LEGO store offers full activity sets that the whole family can enjoy putting together. Indulge your sweet tooth at M&Ms World
where towering glass displays show off all the chocolatey, delicious colors.
For some slightly more high-end shopping in Orlando, visit the Mall at Millenia. The indoor, multi-level shopping space focuses more on the upscale brands such as Louis Vuitton, Jimmy Choo, Burberry, Prada, Chanel, Cartier, Tiffany & Co, and Gucci.
Getting around Orlando
If you’ll be heading to and fro around the Orlando area it’s probably best to rent a car from a reputable dealer. That way, you’ll have transit on demand without worrying about long wait times. Plan ahead for traffic to be sure you’ll be first in line!
Although some Disney transportation is free (like the Monorail and the boat to Magic Kingdom) the most affordable way to get around the Disney area is via the LYNX bus. A taxi from the Orlando airport to Disney World costs around $50 and takes about 30-45 minutes.
Orlando house rentals on FloridaRentals.com
Remember - booking vacation homes in Orlando on FloridaRentals.com can save you 20% over our competitors. Plus, we have a wide array of inventory appealing to any group size or traveler tastes. Happy planning!