About this rental
The Inlet at Minorca offers the best panoramic, beachfront views of any condo in New Smyrna Beach. Your breath will be taken away by the incredible view from this spacious 13th floor 2/2 vacation condo, located at the northernmost point of New Smyrna Beach island, adjacent to Smyrna Dunes Park. The ocean and/or river can be seen out of every single window! Mirrored walls in the living room and master bedroom add more to your view!! This unit is light and bright with floor-to-ceiling windows, new carpeting in the bedrooms and living room, and tile throughout the kitchen. NASA and SpaceX launches can easily be seen from the front door of the condo, which offers a view of the river. From the private balcony you will enjoy views of the oceanfront; the inlet, Intracoastal Waterway, Smyrna Dunes Park (a 220 acre county park), and Ponce Inlet Lighthouse.
The Inlet at Minorca is within a gated, resort-like community, offering a panoply of first-class amenities to enjoy. Pools, heated spas, a fitness center, clay tennis courts, gated beach access, an outdoor kitchen with gazebo and two gas grills, a clubhouse with billards, saunas, a ChargePoint electric vehicle charging station, game room with ping pong table, a reserved garage parking space, and additional guest parking are some of the many offerings in the community. A beach pavilion offers a great venue for parties or Yoga classes in the mornings.
White cabinets and a center island are found in the kitchen. Floor-to-ceiling sliders are located in the living room, master bedroom, and guest bedroom. The master bathroom has dual sinks and a shower, while the guest bedroom features an en-suite bathroom with a bathtub and shower. A full-size washer and dryer is found off the kitchen area.
New Smyrna Beach is known for its phenomenal surfing, but that’s not all it has to offer. The restaurant scene here is pretty impressive for a small beach town. Dine Magazine described it as a “Foodie’s Paradise.”
Listed below are some of our favorite places to grab dinner or drinks:
For Breakfast/Brunch :
- Wake Up Cafe: This local eatery offers two different locations. One is located in the shopping center attached to the Publix on 3rd Ave, and the other is located on the N Causeway. They have traditional American breakfast platters, but also offer plates w/ Spanish and Argentinian influence.
- Third Wave Cafe: Third wave is a great spot for brunch or dinner. They have a gorgeous outdoor illuminated with string lights. They also have the best bloody mary in town. Their dishes strive to incorporate fresh, Florida ingredients. Located on Flagler.
- Bakers Table: This recommendation is the furthest south, but so worth it. They have a donut of the day on the weekends and it never disappoints. The brunch food (and drinks) always hit the spot here whether it’s their fresh shaved roast beef sandwich or their homemade gnocchi that is uncharacteristically light and airy. They are also open for dinner with a German influenced menu.
For Lunch :
- Yellow Dog Eats: Keep it casual and quirky by stopping in for a bite at Yellow Dog Eats - think psychedelic meets Florida meets dog lover. Their menu sports items such as pulled pork sandwiches, wraps, nachos, and tons of crazy toppings. They have a quaint little outdoor area in the back that you can eat in, or take your food to go and eat it at the brewery right next door. Located across the N Causeway bridge on Canal St.
- Cafe Heavenly: This is the closest food option to the condo, and definitely one of our most frequented places. It’s located right where N Peninsula Ave meets Flagler. You can’t go wrong w/ one of their lobster rolls (make sure to get extra lobster) or wood fired pizzas.
- Prima: Hands down our favorite pizza place in town. They have some really unique pizza e.g. The Beeline, which incorporates Italian peppers and meats with a dash of hot honey. This pizza joint is located right around the corner from the local brewery. You can pop in after some brews or pick it up beforehand and enjoy alongside your adult beverages. Note: the wait to eat there is usually pretty long; they have very limited seating.
- Da Kine Poke: If you want something fast, easy, and light you can’t go wrong with Da Kine. They are located in the middle of Flagler Avenue. They have a few different choices for raw fish and an option of tofu for vegetarians/vegans.
For Dinner :
- The Garlic: By far the most talked about restaurant in town. It has been featured on the Travel Channel. The atmosphere is nothing short of whimsical. I always feel like Alice in Wonderland when I walk through the entryway. They serve up traditional Italian food and the best lamb lollipops you will ever have (they come with a datil pepper jelly that you’ll only find in Florida.) This is a great option if you want a nicer dinner one evening. They also frequently have live music. Located across from Publix before the S Causeway Bridge on 3rd Ave.
- Riverpark Terrace: This beautiful mostly outdoors restaurant is located right across the N Causeway Bridge. The menu here is a little more elevated than other options on the list. On weekends they have live music outside. Definitely a favorite for date night.
- AA Garden Fusion: If you’re in the mood for Asian food this place has a little of every oriental cuisine. The owner is Vietnamese and draws on his travels to Thailand, Singapore, and beyond for the menu. Make sure to check their operating hours before venturing over; although, it’s located right on Flagler so plenty of other options to choose from. We recommend trying the beef wrapped in betel leaves or the Singapore noodles.
- Limoncello: This is another Italian recommendation, but the atmosphere here is way less crowded. This little restaurant right in the shopping center attached to Publix transported us back to our recent trip to Italy. The staff is very attentive and the pasta is to die for. They also have a great selection of Italian wines.
For an Oceanfront View :
- Off the Hook Raw Bar: The waterfront Off the Hook, located in Ponce Inlet, is one of two locations. Their second location is in the shopping center attached to the Publix. They offer oysters farmed locally in the Indian River. They have a really nice outdoor bar right on the water. This restaurant can be accessed by boat as well.
- Outriggers: This is both a restaurant right on the water and a marina. Locals often post up here for the whole day to booze, eat, and enjoy the Florida sunshine.
- JBs Fish Camp: This restaurant is a little further from the condo than most, but the views can’t be beat. It’s right on the sound in one of the little canals lined with mangroves. You can also rent a kayak or paddleboard from JBs. Keep a lookout for dolphins and manatees over here!
For a Sweet Treat :
- Treats on the Beach: A quick little order and go window on Flagler that serves a myriad of soft serve and hand scooped ice cream. By far the sweetest way to beat the Florida heat.
- Mon Delice Bakery: This is a French bakery that has been around since the 70s, and once you grab a few of their pastries it’s obvious how they’ve stayed around for so long. They are located on 3rd Ave near the Starbucks (please don’t pick Starbucks over here haha.)
For Drinks :
- The Bounty: This little bar above Flagler Tavern has major speakeasy vibes. The drinks are well thought out and carefully crafted. It’s not nearly as crowded as the tavern below which makes it a great place to enjoy a drink and a good conversation. They also have some fantastic food options as well.
- New Smyrna Beach Brewery: Best brewery in town. Locals hang out here quite a bit. It’s located right on Canal street. They offer a rotating list of beer on tap. A local and personal favorite is the Shark Attack IPA.
Other Vacation Rental Amenities
There are saunas in the locker rooms of the onsite clubhouse. Gas grills and a dining area can be found on the pool deck. A billiards table and media center are located in the clubhouse.
Connect directly with owners
Cut out the middleman
No booking or service fees
Save up to 15% over other websites
Florida's #1 vacation rental site
We're the experts
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Min Stay|
Jun 02 - Jun 30 2023
Jun 30 - Jul 07 2023
Jul 07 - Dec 22 2023
Dec 22 2023 - Jan 05 2024
Jan 05 - Jan 31 2024
Tax Rate: 12.5%
Last updated on May 24, 2023
Hosted by Andrew McCarthy
Member since 2023
Year Purchased: 2020
About the owner: I've lived in Windermere, Florida, just outside of Orlando , since 2007. Since 2020, I have split my time between Windermere and New Smyrna Beach. Like many people from Orlando, New Smyrna Beach has always been my favorite local beach, and I searched for several years to find the perfect community and location there. The Inlet, within the offers unparalleled views; easy access to Smyrna Dunes Park and its 2.4 miles of scenic boardwalk; and incredible amenities. At the northernmost point of the island, the Inlet is in a gated community, free of the traffic you find in the condos south of Flagler Avenue. I lived full time in this condo for a year before renting it out on a part time basis. I go boating in the Intracoastal Waterway around New Smyrna Beach several times a month.
Why this property? I love the building's views of the Ponce Inlet Lighthouse, Smyrna Dunes Park and the ocean. Because the building is in a gated resort community, you cannot see cars driving by. The underground parking is nice because it keeps your car out of the sun and it improves the aesthetics of the community.
Panoramic views of the ocean from 13th floor- Amazing!!!
I recently had the pleasure of staying at Andrew's beachfront condo in New Smyrna Beach, and it was truly an unforgettable experience. The condo is located right on the beach, offering breathtaking views of the ocean and easy access to the sand and surf.The condo itself is beautifully decorated and well-maintained, with comfortable furnishings and all the amenities you could ask for. The kitchen is fully equipped with modern appliances and everything you need to cook your own meals.But the real star of this condo is the balcony. With its panoramic views of the ocean, it's the perfect spot to relax and soak up the sun, or enjoy a meal or a drink while watching the waves roll in.
Stayed: March 2023 Submitted: May 05, 2023
Hosted by Andrew McCarthy