About this rental
Welcome to Lunar Beach Bungalow, owned and operated by Southbound Stays. Our beachside home is a 2.5 block walk to the beach and situated right off of the beach side of A1A. Not only can you walk to the beach, you can also walk to Golf n Gator, Aerial Adventures, groceries & restaurants.
This idyllic Florida style home has an open living plan which includes comfortable lounge seating, a well equipped kitchen and dining space with 3 bedrooms (two of which have King beds) + 2 bathrooms. Mid-century built, the home was remodeled in 2019 and has total "under air" space of 1,100 sq ft. Its intentional, thoughtful layout make it incredibly comfortable and functional. With its cheerful colors, you immediately know you've made it to the beach. Add nods of the moon and Space throughout and you know you're in a place where history was made.
Step outside to enjoy dining el fresco or lounge under the spacious screened and covered patio. Cookout using the large charcoal grill/ bbq while friends, family and even the dog partake in the outdoor games provided for our huge backyard.
At Lunar Beach Bungalow, it's the small touches throughout that come together to create a lasting impact for your stay. We provide plentiful family and beach amenities to make traveling to and staying at the beach easier. Whether traveling with the little ones, friends or even fido, enjoy all that Cocoa Beach and the Space Coast have to offer with Lunar Beach Bungalow as your home base. Come, visit the nearest beach to Orlando, Disney & Universal!
-- SAVE ON YOUR BEACH GETAWAY --
* Weekly Discount (select 7+ nights)
* Monthly Discount (select 28+ nights)
* Discount is AUTOMATICALLY APPLIED
***** We are seasoned hosts: see profile for 850+ 5-star reviews across our 5 other properties ****
LUNAR BEACH BUNGALOW HIGHLIGHTS:
-- CENTRAL LOCATION --
* Walkable to beach - just 2.5 blocks to beach access
* Walkable (.1 mile ) to mini golf, aerial adventures, go-karts and live gators!
* Walkable (.1 mile) to bike & beach rentals
* Less than 1 mile from Cocoa Beach Pier
* 2.5 miles to Port Canaveral
* 4 miles to Downtown Cocoa Beach
* 17 miles to Kennedy Space Center
-- AMPLE OUTDOOR SPACE & AMENITIES --
* 2.5 blocks to beach access
* Spacious covered & screened in patio
* Private backyard (partially fenced except front entrance)
* Uncovered patio with charcoal grill/ bbq
* Outdoor dining table
* Outdoor games
-- PLENTIFUL AMENITIES --
* Beach amenities: wagons, chairs, umbrellas, coolers, toys & water bottles
* Luxury Turkish beach towels & beach blankets (even kid beach towels)
* Family-friendly amenities like pack n play, high chair, children's toys/ books & more
* Dog-friendly (w/ additional fee)
* Luxury Terry Turkish bath towels
* Variety of board games & outdoor games for adults and children
* Smart home enabled, including Echo dot (Alexa) smart devices throughout for music, alarm or sleep sounds
* Reliable, High-Speed Wi-Fi
-- COMFORTABLE & FUNCTIONAL --
* Comfortable seating for your entire group, including 2 swivel rocking chairs (great with littles in tow)
* 55" Smart TV in living room with access for streaming Amazon Prime video, Netflix, Hulu & basic cable
* Smart TVs in each bedroom
* 2 King beds (memory foam mattresses)
* 2 Twin beds (memory foam mattresses)
* 2 Firm Pillows + 2 Soft Pillows per bed (4 total per bedroom)
* Blackout window curtains in all bedrooms
-- WELL EQUIPPED KITCHEN --
* Dinnerware & utensils
* Cookware & bakeware
* Coffee pot & coffee
* Tea kettle & tea
* Basic serving trays & serving flatware
* Children's dinnerware & high chair
-- ENHANCED CLEANING PROTOCOL --
* We utilize a licensed, professional cleaning company
* Antimicrobial mattress & pillow encasements
* Towels, blankets & ALL bed linens, including duvet covers are washed between each stay in commercial facility
-- Important Considerations... let's be sure Lunar Beach Bungalow is the right fit for you and your group:
Guests will be asked to sign a RENTAL AGREEMENT within 48 hours of booking (or immediately if arrival is within 48 hours of booking). If not signed, reservation will be canceled and considered a guest-initiated cancelation with applicable penalties.
* Only accessible via small step to main entrance.
* A vehicle is recommended to get around however there is quite a bit within walking distance (under 1 mile) as well as bike rentals available across the street.
* The home has a privacy fence that spans the entirety of 3 sides of the home however the 2 front entrances are open to allow for easy access to the screened patio + additional parking. There is no connection where the fence closes. This is important to remember for children and dogs.
* Our rates are dynamic which means that they change based on day of week, season, etc. Please enter your exact dates and guest and dog count to calculate pricing.
* Pets: We welcome POTTY TRAINED DOGS with a fee of $25/ day/ dog- up to 2 dogs per stay with these conditions:
* Please let us know ahead of time if you plan to bring them
* Avoid having them on the furniture or keep furniture covered with blankets/covers brought by you
* Utilize the pet waste bags we have provided and pick up after your pets once they have done their business
* We do not allow any other types of pets, reptiles, or anything else non-human. :)
* Our home is smart home enabled and has security & safety devices throughout. This includes the use of security cameras (EXTERIOR Only, NO interior) at the front door entrance & driveway + echo devices which are considered to be listening devices inside the home. The echo devices can be unplugged if you prefer.
* If you do not like nature or bugs, we suggest looking outside of Florida for your stay. This is the South and there is heat + warm water here. We take every precaution to prevent critters from making their way into the home (we regularly treat the interior and exterior of the home), however it is inevitable they will make their way in on occasion. Around the property it is quite possible you will see a variety of critters, snakes, mice and other wildlife. This is especially important to consider if you are bringing children and/ or dog(s)- or anyone with a strong dislike of such things. :)
Check-in time: 16:00
Check-out time: 10:00
Kitchen description: Well- equipped kitchen with everything needed to prepare meals at home.
Lunar Beach Bungalow is centrally located to all that the Space Coast has to offer.
￫ Walkable to beach - just 2.5 blocks to beach access
￫ Walkable (.1 mile ) to mini golf, aerial adventures, go-karts and live gators!
￫ Walkable (.1 mile) to bike & beach rentals
￫ Less than 1 mile from Cocoa Beach Pier
￫ 1.5 miles to Ron Jon Surf Shop
￫ 2.5 miles to Port Canaveral
￫ 4 miles to Downtown Cocoa Beach
￫ 8 miles to Downtown Cocoa Village
￫ 11.5 miles to Patrick Air Force Base
￫ 17 miles to Kennedy Space Center
￫ 25 miles to Melbourne International Airport
-- Orlando's Closest Beach: At just 47 miles to Orlando International Airport, Cocoa Beach is the closest beach to Orlando theme parks & attractions --
￫ 61 miles to Disney
￫ 61 miles to Universal Studios
Other Vacation Rental Amenities
Minimum Age (21)
Guests furnish their own meals
Deep Sea Fishing
Connect directly with owners
Cut out the middleman
No booking or service fees
Save up to 15% over other websites
Florida's #1 vacation rental site
We're the experts
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Min Stay|
Aug 11 - Aug 11 2022
Aug 12 - Aug 13 2022
Aug 14 - Aug 18 2022
Aug 19 - Aug 20 2022
Aug 21 - Aug 24 2022
Pet Fee (Houses): $25
Management Fee (Houses): $30
Cleaning Fee (CB Home): $200
Extra Guest Fee: $50
LOS: Month (30 nights) Discount - FL IN SEASON (March thru Oct 2022): 15.00%
LOS: Month (30 nights) Discount - FL Winter SEASON (Nov thru March): 20.00%
LOS: Week (7 days) Discount FL: 15.00%
Brevard County Resort Tax: 5.00%
Florida Transient Tax: 6.00%
Florida Discretionary Sales Surtax: 1.00%
Member since 2022
About the owner: We’re Megan and Richard – and the little guy is our son/ future host in training! We’re born and raised Floridians turned Tennesseans, high school sweethearts and the owners + your host(ess) at Southbound Stays. Our hosting journey began in 2016 and today, we own + host 5 traditional short term rentals/ vacation homes and 1 extended stay rental (for stays of 30-90 days).
*Get social with us and follow our adventures at SouthboundStays.*
We were guests before we were hosts and still operate with a guest-first mentality. During your stay, we want you to feel the comfort of being “at home” with the laid back feeling of being away from yours. We put care into every aspect of our homes and your stay:
* We purposely selected our homes based on their amazing locations
* All of our homes are privately enjoyed and setup exclusively to welcome guests (we are not present in or at the home during your stay)
* I lovingly designed each home with intention to maximize the space and comfort
* We made a list of things we wished we had during our own travels and put them in our homes
* We allow dogs* at every one of our homes and even they get treats upon arrival (*added fee)
* Through our local short term rental association and our own, direct partnerships with local businesses, we have worked to get discounts for our guests to save you hundreds on dining, attractions and even luggage storage while in town
* You will always have direct access to us, the owners and host(ess).
Whatever it is that brings you to Nashville TN, Leiper’s Fork TN or Cocoa Beach FL, our homes are ready to welcome you for your time here.
** PS: We operate in accordance with local laws and are permitted to operate in Davidson County, the City of Berry Hill, Williamson County and Brevard County.**
Hosted by Megan McCrea