About this rental
SEASIDE COTTAGE 2 - 2 BEDROOM 3 BATH - SLEEPS 7
Renovated Two Story Home with GREAT OCEAN VIEWS on the BEST BEACH (No cars, No long catwalk & scores of great Restaurants within walking distance + only 5 Miles to DOWNTOWN) - Great Open Plan with stunning Views from the Covered Balcony that runs the full length of the home with 2 Private Bedroom Suites downstairs each with their own bath (1 King & 1 Queen) + a Twin Daybed and Queen Sleeper Sofa in the Greatroom with Full bath so you can comfortably sleep 7. Complete with Outdoor Shower, Beach Chairs, Boogie Boards & a Paver Patio with Grill & Private Dining. Need more space there are 3 more Cottages on the same Oceanfront lot for your friends! See the links below as well as my 3 Historic Downtowns properties just 5 miles away and walking distance of all the Tourist Sites.
In 2012 we completed a TOTAL renovation of 4 Homes located on one OCEANFRONT lot at 2 9th Street, the "Center" of the "Best Section" of St Aug Beach. Loads of activities & restaurants within walking distance. No long 10 minute catwalk before you reach the sand. No Cars allowed on the Beach. Just powder white sand steps from your door. Seaside Cottage 2 is my favorite. With 'Top-of-the-Line' finishes that make it look like a Coastal Living centerfold. It boasts an Open Greatroom, Kitchen, Dining space on the second floor with amazing Ocean Views from the Covered Deck that runs the entire length of the home. There are 2 Private Bedroom Suites downstairs each with their own bath (1 King & 1 Queen) + a Twin Daybed and Queen Sleeper Sofa in the Greatroom with Full bath so you can comfortably sleep 7.
Located just 5 miles from Historic Downtown St Augustine, my goal was to create the "Ultimate Vacation Experience" for small to large groups. All the Cottages are renovated in the same Coastal Style. Crisp White Linens. Bead board walls. Soft beach colors. I want you to tell your friends this is your favorite place (and bring them with you next year). With 4 Cottage ranging from 1 to 5 Bedrooms there is room for everyone yet everyone has their space. It does not get any better than this!
It starts with the second story Greatroom and the spectacular ocean views ...
OCEAN VIEW GREATROOM - To recreate the feel of a true beach house we wanted real Heart of Pine floors. Here you cannot go new. You have to go old. They don't sell the good stuff anymore. We found a mill in Georgia and had the floors made for us out of 100 yr old timbers from a building out of Nashville, TN (only 50 miles from where I grew up in Shelbyville, Walking Horse Capital of the World). Then we added a huge side picture window to enhance the view and two sets of French Doors opening out to a Covered Oceanfront Balcony with amazing Ocean Views, Breezes and Sounds. The Balcony runs the entire front of the Cottage and has uninterrupted views over the smaller one-story Cottages. In St Augustine you really must be on the second floor to have the true Ocean View and this Cottage sure does. For your entertainment we added a wall mounted Big Screen TV with Comcast and Wireless Internet. Even a Streaming Video box for You Tube and Netflix (if you have an account). You can even view the family photos together on the big screen or share hours of fun playing games on the large Dining Table. We provide several, but I recommend Rummikub. It is our family favorite and can be played from 5 to 95. It is a game where you actually have to think and I hope it will become a tradition in your family too and make you think or your stay in St Augustine for years to come. There a are 2 Bedrooms downstairs with private baths but if you need more space the Greatroom leather sofa folds out into a Queen Sleeper with access to a Full Bath by the Kitchen. We've also added a Twin Daybed for extra seating/sleeping.
GOURMET KITCHEN - We had the kitchen custom made. Lots of glass doors so you could find things, even bead board inside to give it that “Beachy” look. And “white granite” counters. It is in all the magazines, so I had to have it, but can't tell you how hard it was to find. The stainless appliances feature the new French door refrigerator, a convection Smooth Top Stove with 2 ovens so you can cook 'two things at once' & the quietest dishwasher I have ever heard. It is fully equipped with Pottery Barn dishes and glasses and all the pot, pans and utensils you'll need to create a gourmet meal. You will enjoy cooking so much and you may save enough money to stay another night! We hope so.
TWO BEDROOMS with PRIVATE BATHS - The Bedrooms are both downstairs. Here we used a cool, soft gray marble. The most beautiful stone I've ever seen. There is one King Bedroom and one Queen. I had both Headboards custom built with Reading Sconces on each side for those who love reading in bed. Plus 42” wall mounted TVs and wireless internet. Both bedrooms have there own private bathrooms. One with a large 6' shower and 2 shower heads. The other with dramatically lit Garden Tub and separate “Rain-head” Shower.
OUTDOOR GRILL & DINING. In back is a huge paver patio with private Dining featuring New String Lights for atmosphere. It is a combo grill for both gas or charcoal since we did not know which you would prefer. Also, an outdoor shower with hot and cold water when returning from the beach. Chairs and Boogie Boards provided as well as both Bath and Beach towels.
PRIVATE WASHER/DRYER in the Kitchen
2 PARKING SPOTS
NO PETS - NO SMOKING - NO PARTIES
BEST BEACH - Now to the Beach and why I call it the "Best Beach". You need to do your research here. There is a tremendous difference and only 18 in the Best section located North of A Street. Why? I have 5 reasons...
1. The SAND. The sand is like powder, not coarse ground up shells like Vilano to the north. This is the white powder you are looking for. Great for drip castles!
2. The OCEAN is RIGHT AT YOUR DOOR STEP. There is no long raised boardwalk like further south along Atlantic View with a 5 minute walk across the dunes to navigate with the cooler & chairs before you ever get to the water. Here the ocean and the VIEW is steps from your door. Be careful. There are some “beachfront” homes that are so “far from the beach” because of the sand dunes that you can hardly “see” the ocean.
3. There are NO CARS. This is a major distinction. Everything south of A Street has Cars. Imagine trying to play paddle ball or throwing football with cars continually passing by & having to be on constant baby alert. Not while you are on vacation!
4. The beach is WIDE and level with GREAT WAVES. You have to be careful here too. Some beaches to the north on Vilano are narrow & steep, even with rocks, and the slope of the beach affects the waves. They break right at the shore line so close in you can't ride boogie boards. The locals consider this the BEST SURFING around. There is a Surf Shop, Pitt Surf, at A Street where you can rent boards and take lessons. You don't have to worry. This is not the West Coast. Waves are not too big and not too small. They are "just right". But you will have loads of fun with the boogie boards provide at The Seaside Cottages free of char
5. Last but not least, the beach is within WALKING DISTANCE of loads of restaurants & shops. Many beaches both north and south are so isolated you have a long drive to get to anything. Not The Seaside Cottages. It is so nice to be able to walk over to a restaurant for breakfast or send the kids out an Ice cream cone. We have an amazing number of "wonderful" restaurants within walking distance. Our favorite Sunset Grill is a must. Even Live music at Cafe 11 & funky Jacks BBQ. At the Fishing Pier the Kids will love the Splash Park plus Beach Volleyball courts, there is a Farmers Market on Wednesday and Free Live Music Concerts every Wednesday night in the Summer. How wonderful is that? Publix and Starbucks are only 1.5 mile away. There is a park half mile north on Pope with Tennis or a YMCA for swimming or workout w/Daily or Weekly memberships if you are not a member at home. Just south is Miniature Golf which kids will love. And Royal St Augustine Golf for the Adults close by on 16. (World Golf and TPC/Sawgrass are about 30 minutes). See THINGS TO DO at my Website or call to let me know what you are looking for. I always answer my phone!
ONLY 5 MILES to DOWNTOWN - There is more to St Augustine that just the Beach. Our Downtown founded in 1565 is the oldest continuously occupied European Settlement in the US and one of the Top 6 Florida destinations according to US News & World Reports. (They rank us #2 Best Affordable Honeymoon Destination and our Beach #5 in USA). You'll feel like you are back in time. Strolling Old World Walking Streets. Romantic Lighting. Outdoor Music filling the air. There are scores Historic Sights and fabulous Restaurants. Call or my LIST of THINGS TO DO. With the Beach and the History we are truly a "Must Do".
NEED MORE SPACE? - Remember, if you need more space, or less, there are 4 Seaside Cottages on the same lot located at 2 9th Street. Please click on the links below:
Cottage 1 - 6 BD 5 BA - Sleeps 19 - /997177ha?
Cottage 2 - 2 BD 3 BA - Sleeps 7 - /997263ha? (Shown Here)
Cottage 3 - 2 BD 2 BA - Sleeps 6 - /3528115ha?
Cottage 4 - 1 BD 1.5 BA - Sleeps 5 - /3528116ha?
FOR EVEN MORE OCEANFRONT SPACE- See 2 1st Lane - Just 9 streets South)
Chautauqua - 7 BD 6.5 BA - Sleeps 21 - /128579ha?
FOR HISTORIC DOWNTOWN - Just 5 miles North - We have 3 locations
67 Lemon Street - House and Guesthouse (Half Mile Stroll to St George Street - Just 5 miles North)
Lemon Street Retreat (Main House) - 3 BD 3 BA - Sleeps 6 - /9855477ha?
Lemon Guesthouse - 4 BD 3.5 BA - Sleeps ha?
Lemon Guesthouse Upstairs Only - Palm View - 3 BD 2 BA - Sleeps 9 - /4646734ha?
Lemon Guesthouse First Floor Only - Secret Garden - 1 BD 1.5 Ba - Sleeps 5 - /4647397ha?
28 Riberia Street - House and Guesthouse (2 Streets south also Half Mile Walk to St George Street - Just 5 miles North)
Historic Lady (Main House) - 3 BD 4 BA - Sleeps ha?
Romantic Getaway Guesthouse - 1 BD 1 BA - Sleeps 4 - /4079442ha?
28 Saragossa (2 Streets East - Quarter Mile Walk to St George Street - Just 5 miles North)
The Grand Oak - 1 BD 1 BA - Sleeps 4 - Coming in August
Palm Paradise - 1 BD 1 BA - Sleeps 4 - Coming in August
CALL LINDA - My goal is to create the "Ultimate Vacation Experience" on the "Best Beach" and have it become a part of "Your Family Tradition". Call me anytime day or night at . We want to make this the best vacation you have ever had and keep you coming back for years. I am also a Realtor, for the last 20 years, and would love to help you find the perfect home or second home. I can testify it is a great place to live and would love to share it with you.
Thank you for considering me,
Other Vacation Rental Amenities
Minimum Age (25)
Connect directly with owners
Cut out the middleman
No booking or service fees
Save up to 20% over other websites
Florida's #1 vacation rental site
We're the experts
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Min Stay|
Sep 21 - Sep 21 2023
Sep 22 - Sep 23 2023
Sep 24 - Sep 28 2023
Sep 29 - Sep 30 2023
Oct 01 - Oct 05 2023
Cleaning fee: $150
Tax Rate: 11.5%
Processing Fee: 3.00%
Last updated on September 17, 2023
Hosted by Lindas Beach
Hosted by Lindas Beach